Ransom Note Press accepts manuscript
proposals via email or U.S. mail.
only novels of mystery and suspense. Please do not send proposals for any other type of work. Works should be novel length.
On occasion we will consider short-story collections.
are interested only in novels that offer gripping story lines and well-executed plots. In general, we prefer novels
in which the author has attempted to do something different, to explore new ground, though we do enjoy traditional mysteries
with well-conceived characters. We do not publish mysteries with pet detectives or humorous mysteries.
To query our editors, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Enclose a one-page cover letter summarizing your project, along with the
first 25 pages of your work. Include your e-mail address as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope for a response.
2. If you wish your materials to be returned to you, you MUST include return postage on a self-addressed stamped envelope
in your submission packet. We will not return any materials without prepaid postage.
3. Send submissions to Ransom
Note Press, Editorial Department, P.O. Box 419, Ridgewood, NJ 07451.
4. Our reading time is approximately 4-6 weeks.
1. Provide a 2-3 pagragraph synopsis of the book's plot, along with brief biographical information
about yourself and (if applicable) your publishing history.
2. Cut and paste the first
25 pages of your manuscript into the body of the email. Please do NOT attach any files. In these days of viruses and malware,
we automatically delete all emails with attachments.
3. Send your submission to editorial
AT ransomnotepress DOT com.
4. Our response time is usually about 4 weeks.